SHARED.CARES. Vitalant Blood Drive
On behalf of the SHARED.CARES. Team, we would like to thank you for a successful virtual blood drive in February!
Donating blood gives strength, hope, and courage to your community and to those who need it most. Through your efforts we had 21 donors company-wide and the donations will go to help patients of all ages. From those battling cancer to accident victims and transplant patients, each blood donation can save as many as three lives.
Thank you again to everyone who donated, and for making a big difference in your community!
• 1 out of 7 people admitted to the hospital need blood
• Every whole blood donation has the potential to save up to 3 lives
• Vitalant is testing all blood donations for the COVID-19 antibodies
• Become part of the COVID-19 rescue team and help COVID-19 patients by donating whole blood, platelets and plasma
• All donors will receive a personalized donor card with your blood type, and the satisfaction of knowing that you helped give the gift of life
• Every day in the U.S., patients in hospitals, surgical centers, and emergency treatment facilities need approximately:
• 36,000 units of red blood cells
• 7,000 units of platelets
• 10,000 units of plasma