SHARED.CARES. Have a Heart Blood Drive
February 1st marks the start of the SHARED.CARES. 2020 Blood Drive. Last year we had 18 donors company-wide, and this year our goal is set for 30 and we have a whole month to get us there. The SHARED.CARES. blood drive runs from February 1, 2020, through February 29, 2020 (leap day).
- 1 out of 7 people admitted to the hospital need blood
- Every whole blood donation has the potential to save up to 3 lives
- All donors will receive a personalized donor card with your blood type, and the satisfaction of knowing that you helped give the gift of life
- Every day in the U.S., patients in hospitals, surgical centers, and emergency treatment facilities need approximately:
- 36,000 units of red blood cells
- 7,000 units of platelets
- 10,000 units of plasma
We have two ways for you to donate: We have joined the American Red Cross in their SleevesUp campaign. The link below will take you to our virtual blood drive, where you can pledge to give blood and pick your time, date, and location.
As in the past, we will continue to partner with Vitalant (formerly LifeSource). Give a Pint Get a Pint promotion, and anyone who donates gets a pint of Culver’s Custard. The link below will take you to their location and scheduling page.
Streamwood employees, Vitalant has changed their policy and will not be able to send a Mobile Blood unit to our facility; we will be donating at the Schaumburg location. The date of our corporate blood drive will be February 13, 2020. More information to come!
If you donate blood, please let us know by sending us your photo to email@example.com, posting it to social media with the hashtag #Shared.Cares. or you can post it on Shared Imaging social media site MOJO.